Raising children can be one of the most challenging – and rewarding – responsibilities in life. While you want the best for your child, parenting/caring can often be frustrating and confusing:
· Do you feel like you’ve lost control of your role as a parent/carer?
· Do you find yourself yelling more often than laughing with your child?
· Do you find yourself saying the same things over and over, with no results?
· Would you like to feel closer to your child?
If you’ve answered “yes” to any of these questions, Holyoake’s special Child Parent Relationship Training program can help. We will work with you to:
· Regain control as a parent/carer
· Help your child develop self-control
· Effectively discipline and limit inappropriate behaviour
· Understand your child’s emotional needs and communicate more effectively
Our experienced Counsellor will guide you through the process and you will benefit from the peer support of the group. You will learn new skills that will make a difference in your and your child’s life. You will notice an improvement in the relationship with your child.
This free program is for parents/carers with children aged 3-10 years and will run once a week for 2 hours over 10 weeks in school term 4.